Sunday, September 7, 2008

Where did the time go?

I realized today that we are already done with the first week of September and I have not kept anyone up to date since June!!! What was I thinking?


School is going very well... I cannot believe that I only have 7 weeks left and I am done with schooling. For now at least! My school has a placement director, but she was less than willing to work with me. My job would come on her time..... but I do not like uncertainty and I am not a procrastinator. I do not want to graduate with a degree and do not have a job in the field. So two weeks ago I decided to take matters into my own hands and do a google search of law firms around me and in downtown. I looked on monster.com and careerbuilder.com, but none of the posted jobs were fitting what I was looking for right now. I want to work at a firm part time while I am in school and get the hang of things before I graduate and will be thrown into full time. I sent a cover letter and resume to a few law firms and I got a call four days after. Colette from Robins, Kaplan, Miller, & Ciresi asked me to come in for an interview. This was by far the largest and most prestigious firm that I went for, and to be honest, I thought it was a long shot. I went for my interview this past Wednesday and on Friday Colette called to offer me the position.


I am nervous to start my position as a legal administrative assistant in this firm because they are so well known in the legal profession. The attorney I will be working for is the managing partner of the 125+ attorney firm. He is the big guy! He also practices law. He represents Best Buy in their business transactions and corporate finance!


If you want to see more about the firm, their website is http://www.rkmc.com/ and my attorney is Steven Schumeister.


One thing I will say that I was impressed with was that their vending machines are FREE and they have a courtroom in the building just for practice! It is very fancy and I am excited for the 15th!!


Moving on....


I decided last weekend that I was bored with my long, blonde hair. Nick was out of town for work this past week so I made an appointment! Surprise! My hair still has some blonde, but has a lot of dark brown too!


My mom found a picture online of a hair style that she liked so she got a hair cut too!
I have some 'not so good' news too. Nick will leave on Tuesday for South Carolina for work and will be there until October 4th. I am not impressed!
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetheart, we are so proud of you. You will do great. You are a wonderful person and I know that they will love you. I am proud that you took matters into your own hands, see how well it turned out. Love you so much

kristine said...

Congratulations. Now you can remember to always aim high!!!!
Your hair looks great!
Sorry about Nick. That would suck. You'll be ok though.

Sherri Osborn said...

Hi Christine! Just happened to pop on over to your blog from grandma Carren's and read about your job... How exciting! A big congrats to you.