Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Virtual Tour

I think i said in my last post that I would get pictures of the new apartment! I love this place!



This is our kitchen... there is room above the top cupboards and I think I am going to put some vines and greenery up there... What else do people put up there?






The 'dining area'. Our table is new from Ikea. I love that store!




















I really like our living room. There is so much space. And I love our new couch. I really wanted the chair too, but it was $100 more than the couch!!! RIDICULOUS! Nick even let me put my desk in there with my laptop and my craft stuff...Thanks Nick. The wall behind the couch is huge and empty. We'll work on that later I suppose. Our management said that we could paint it if we wanted.










I will say that going from a California King to a Queen is not that great. I miss my own bed! Our room really needs decorating... We need to get a TV to put on that dresser and we need something to put on the walls!!! We can deal for now though.



The only thing about apartments is that the closet space is just not the same as it was at home.... haha. poor Nick gets the top right corner for his clothes and I get the rest of the top for my bottoms and the entire bottom for my tops! Believe it or not I have about 3 loads of laudry to do!!! I love clothes and am getting stressed out that I have to share machines with the rest of the peple on my floor. You never know what people are putting in them. I refuse to get bleach on my clothes and have orange spots!!! What to do, what to do....




Lastly, I love our bathroom! It is so bright! My only complaint is that there isn't any counter space... I need to get a small shelf to hang over the toilet.. or one of those racks that stands behind the toilet with a bunch of shelves... We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE...LOVE... seeing pictures. Nice place. It must feel fantastic to come home to your own place. Just the two of you.. brings tears to my eyes.. you are so grown up... You ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Another thought that I had.. you mentioned suggestions as to what to put with the vines.. how about Bird cages. I have seen a lot of different kinds and I am sure that I have seen some at JoAnn's. Just a thought.....

kristine said...

Looks really nice! I absolutely *love* your shower curtain!
We have that same space above our cupboards in the kitchen and on one side I put all of my crystal and on the other side I have my blender, food processer...etc...
The vines sound like a nice idea. You could always do seasonal stuf...soo in spring/summer do like flowers and such, fall (thanksgiving and halloween decorations) winter: christmas stuff. There's endless possibilities.

Oh and about the Tupperware. I will let you know more as soon as I get my info from the lady (which will be next week)

Katie Osborn said...

Hey Christine, I just found your blog! I just did the same thing as you--moved and posted pictures of our new place on my blog! How funny...great minds think alike! Being away from home will be tough at first, especially because you are close to your parents (just like me), but you get used to it, and you look forward to visits even more!! I also need to find some home decor to fill up some of the ugly empty walls!